Leprechaun Door For The Yard


Last December, I had way too much fun when niece Devin and I decorated her house for Christmas with the effort my place gets for Halloween. I decided then that there was no good reason other holidays shouldn't inspire yard decor prop making on my part.

For St. Pat's Day, I'm going to transform the base of our tree out front into a small leprechaun's house. Several of the props seen in my sketch above are in the works right now, and should be done by tomorrow or Saturday to display.  I'm taking plenty of process pics and will update soon.

One of my favorite things about Halloween decorating is seeing how much the whole neighborhood enjoys it. But this effort is for the kids... an unexpected, whimsical touch on the lawn in March that I hope brings a big Irish smile to their faces.

By the way, odds are pretty good this will be re-worked and become the Easter Bunny's house in a couple of weeks.

8 comments:

  1. That's great. can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Going to have the coolest house on the block year round! I better see some Pirate props on International Talk like a Pirate day!!! =)

    Awesome concept for St. Patty's day! Can't wait to see the construction pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forget "Talk Like a Pirate Day", wait till you see what I have planned for "Black Plague Remembrance Day"!

      Delete
  3. I can not wait to see this one bones and all! So much fun to watch your projects come together. Thank you for showing us the ropes.
    Cheers,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm..better secure that sucka to the tree very well!Cool!

    d5

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh! Can't wait. I've seen some cute ones on Etsy and want to build one. I have to figure out how to keep it on the tree... gently enough so I don't hurt my trees but sturdy enough that the weekend houligan traffic can't take it home with them... I guess there is always the working guillotine over a branch idea!

    ReplyDelete