12 Days 'til Halloween: Eddie Izzard


Okay, I'm sure your thinking... how is Eddie Izzard Halloween related? But bear with me.

As I've mentioned in numerous posts before, I'm an Eddie Izzard fan. So is the fiancee and as a gift for her birthday last week I was able to get tickets to his midnight show at the Largo/Coronet theater here in Los Angeles last night.

First he joked about it being a midnight show and how midnight, when you were younger, was the spooky and scary time of night when witches would come out. If you saw a witch you'd say...

"Look a witch! Is it that late already? What time is it?"

Later, he was joking about ninja-like sheep versus wolves. If you know his humor, a subject like that is not odd. Describing the ninja-sheep facing off against the wolves showed his horror movie loving side...

"They'd be lined up next to each other, silhouetted in a fog.
Like the pirates in the John Carpenter movie."

Here's a very funny clip from an older Izzard tour riffing on horror movies...



For the record, the quotes above are as best as I can remember them.

5 comments:

  1. OMIGOD I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU GOT TO GO TO THAT SHOW YOU SUCK!

    Okay. Got that out of my system. I saw his pre-show tweets and wished I could hop a plane.

    sigh.

    Every time something bad happens around here, one of us says "Cake please!" in an effort to make the death go away. So insanely jealous right now. I would be massively disappointed if he turned out to be an idiot or an asshole.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eddie Izzard is guaranteed to make me de-lurk and comment! I'm being inspired by your Halloween series and hoping I might have some time to add to our limited display this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He and I have the same odd brain. He makes money. I get a thick personnel file at work & ostracized. The misunderstood weirdness....

    d5

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the laughs - came at the perfect time :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the Izzard clip! I saw him in London years ago on stage in "Lenny". He was/is phenominal! Thanks again........

    ReplyDelete